Dress for the Party...in Zumbawear

Thursday, July 19, 2012

~My Z-Life♥Zumba® Fitness~.

~My Z-Life♥Zumba® Fitness~.


My Z-Life began over three years ago in 2009 in a small Alabama town called Pelham. I was a member of a small ladies only fitness center during that time.I discovered Zumba while working out in a spin class and looking across the room and noticed at a slim woman in a sports bra and baggy pants hopping, skipping, and "flying" back and forth across the aerobics room. All the way from the spin room I could hear the loud music and the sound of people having fun. I later inquired of the gym owner "what was going on in that room"? She promptly replied that it was the Zumba class and that I should try it one day.
My B1 Instructor Certification workshop with Jani Roberts in 2009 in Pensacola, FL
Teaching my very first class at QuickFit of Pelham, AL in summer 2009
Well the rest is history, I absolutely love working out and dancing, its like my therapy. When I dance I'm free, nothing matters when I dance but that very momment in that song that makes you feel as though you can do anything. Upon several visits to my very first Zumba classes, I was hooked. I researched how to become certified at the encouragement of the instructor as I was one of her "bold students" that was always front row and knew the choreo to every song she played, even on days she would have a 'brain fart' and forget the first move, I'd be the one to help keep the class going!

Interveiw for the Birmingham Times in 2009
 
Dance for me is self-expresssion and Zumba gave me a fun way to do just that outside of my day job, a way to express myself and still help others. As a Registered Nurse a lot of time I'm able to help others, but dare not express myself freely, less I wanted to get in trouble. LOL!

Performing at the Zumba Half-time show for the Atlanta Hawks - 2010

Grand Opening of my first dance-fitness studio: Bailamos Studios-ATL in 2011
My Zumba adventures have taken me far, from performances with the Atlanta Hawks to teaching classes at beachside resorts and marinas, I've even been interviewed by local newspapers in my home state of Alabama and owned my own studio in Atlanta, GA where I taught Zumba on a regular basis for a year, so I know there is more in store for my Zumba and fitness career.



Teaching class at my dance-fitness studio -2012
 Recently, due to traveling with my nursing job, I have been blessed with the opportunity to  work in St. Thomas, USVI! Since being on the island, I have met some of the most welcoming and friendly ZIN's to date, with the exception of my ZIN's in Birmingham, AL where my Zumba career began! While in St. Thomas, I have taught classes at beautiful venues such as beachside resorts and even marinas. Talk about feeling like a celebrity and "living the life."


Team teaching with V.I. ZIN's in St. Thomas on the Marina-2012
People  truly love Zumba and I am just honored that I teach a program that brings so much joy to the lives of perfect strangers from all over the world. I've made connections with instructors from all parts of the world from Lebanon to the V.I. and everywhere in between, through my facebook group I lauched for ZIN's all over the globe to come together and network, share ideas, and just have fun!

I'm currently gearing up for our Annual Instructor Convention in Orlando, FL this August! In my three years as a ZIN this will be my first time making the journey to Convention! I am super excited and I am looking forward to an experience of a lifetime! Stay tuned for more updates soon!

*BEIJOS*


 

No comments:

Post a Comment