Dress for the Party...in Zumbawear

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Capoeirista....


What is Capoeira?


Capoeira: is an Afro-Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance and music. It was created in Brazil mainly by descendants of African slaves with Brazilian native influences, probably beginning in the 16th century. It is known by quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for leg sweeps.



My Capoeira Journey:

My journey into the world of Capoeira began in August of 2011, when I was invited by a friend to a workshop. The culture and history of the martial art instantly grabbed my attention, not to mention the dance aspect of it was directly in sync with one of my number one passions....DANCE! Once I found the time in my schedule to attend regular classes for training in December of 2011, I was instantly hooked!
My Capoeira Journey is on-going and never-ending, to me it's only just begun! For the love of the game! Dance-Fight-Play! Muito Axe!


The Capoeirista....




No comments:

Post a Comment